International Presentation Skills
|Who is it for||Professionals who need to give a presentation, talk or speech to an international or country-specific audience.|
|Duration & Date||Flexible, depending on your needs. Dates to suit your schedule.|
|Why||You want the security of expert-level preparation to ensure your presentation is successful. Because what you say really matters.|
Coaching for professionals on public speaking in an international setting in English.
One-to-one coaching with presentation expert and intercultural specialist Deborah Abrahams. Guidance in preparing content and fine-tuning delivery for maximum impact on an international stage. Feedback from a local specialist acting as a trial audience for talks aimed at a specific country or region.
- TED-level coaching with an intercultural dimension
- Consultancy for content, coaching for delivery
- Geared to individual strengths and style
- Flexible contact online or in person
- Specialist feedback for a particular national or regional target audience
International Presentation Skills coaching is tailored to your needs and wishes. The approach is to work with your strengths, departing from your own personality and style rather than imposing a generic method.
With Deborah Abrahams, generally via Skype (up to 60 minutes). The aim is to:
- assess your needs and wishes;
- establish whether you require input from a country specialist;
- pinpoint your message and clarify your thoughts;
- provide a framework for you to draft your talk or presentation.
Two-hour sessions, generally by Skype. One session may be adequate, but the number is entirely flexible. The aim is to provide advice on:
- content, structure, storytelling and language use;
- cultural appropriateness or factual accuracy via a country specialist as necessary.
Two-hour sessions via Skype, or face-to-face where feasible and appropriate. Again the number of sessions is entirely flexible. The aim is to:
- maximise the impact of your delivery, considering tone, timing and body language;
- provide feedback from a country specialist where appropriate. The expert can act as a trial audience, and provide feedback from a local or regional perspective.
Professionals who need to give a presentation, talk or speech to an international or country-specific audience. This may be externally at a conference or event, or internally in an international company or organisation.
Advanced: You may be a practised speaker in your own national setting. You also may also have international public speaking experience. But at this level, you require professional preparation. You need to deliver a persuasive message to your target audience on behalf of your company, organisation or government.
Intermediate: This might be your first experience of public speaking in an international setting in English. You want the security of expert-level preparation to conquer your nerves and ensure your presentation is successful. Because what you say really matters.
Public speaking can be daunting for anyone in any setting. But addressing an unfamiliar target audience in a language that is not your own presents an extra challenge. You are concerned to:
- Tell your story so people sit up and listen;
- Keep your content and tone culturally appropriate;
- Use English that is expressive, easy to understand and free of errors;
- Fine-tune your delivery and body language for maximum effect, without losing touch with your personal style.
Deborah Abrahams has wide experience as a top-level presentation coach, in particular for TEDx events. Her skill set is uniquely appropriate to international presentation skills:
- She is a senior intercultural competence trainer at Intercultural Professionals
- She has a degree in Performing Arts and worked for many years as a professional theatre director;
- She is a native British English speaker and qualified language trainer, who previously taught advanced English skills to international professionals.
Deborah is able to draw on our pool of more than 350 country specialists, who can provide advice and feedback from a specific national or regional perspective, and act as a trial audience via Skype. We can provide a specialist from any country in the world
- You will deliver a TED-standard presentation, talk or speech to the very best of your ability
- With the unique input of our intercultural expertise, your presentation will be carefully tuned to an international or culturally specific context.